TAP Elements of Success Success Stories Principals in TAP Schools What People Are Saying
About TAP Adopting TAP TAP Projects / Partnerships Events FAQs
If you are interested in learning more about TAP and exploring the possibility of implementing it in your state or district, consider the following steps:
- First, gain a basic understanding of TAP by reviewing our materials. Our Web site provides information on:
- TAP Elements of Success outlines the four structural elements of the system, the research they are based on and how the elements are interrelated.
- TAP Outcomes provides information on the impact of TAP on improving student achievement and teacher quality as well as teacher and principal satisfaction.
- Next, share this information with your state and/or district's leadership. TAP is a comprehensive school reform effort that restructures how teachers advance professionally and how they are supported, evaluated and compensated. Due to its comprehensive nature, successful implementation of TAP requires not only hard work and commitment to improved student achievement, but also support and buy-in from all relevant stakeholders. Sharing information about TAP with state and/or district leaders starts the process of determining whether or not there is enough support to pursue the system further.
- Once you have shared information with your state and/or district leaders and they are interested in learning more about TAP, please contact us. Typically, we will set up a call to answer any further questions you may have about TAP and schedule a formal TAP presentation.
Jay Greene, Endowed Chair/Head, Department of Education Reform, University of Arkansas
"I think some of the most promising education solutions include TAP, which attempts to redirect public expenditures by getting public schools to alter how they compensate teachers. It's altering the incentive system of education by rewarding excellence among teachers . . . "